Girls with Cameras encourages younger women to grow their photographic passion and expertise – young women at secondary school aged 13-17.
Led by female photography mentors, Girls with Cameras provides a variety of events and workshops throughout the year.
Workshops & Holiday Programme Activities
Our holiday programme provides workshops, field trips and photo walks. Register for one or as many as you like.
April 2021 School Holiday Programme – click here to download brochure
St Mark’s Church Hall, 95 Remuera Road, Remuera is the location for all School Holiday Programme activity. This is 3 minutes walk from Newmarket train station and less than 5 minutes walk from Broadway, Newmarket.
- Tuesday 20th April (Half Day) Workshop – Learn the art of miniature photography, includes your own quality lightbox and a selection of miniatures to keep
- Tuesday 20th April (Half Day) Photo Walk – Exploring Auckland Domain’s Wintergardens macro and flower photography
- Friday 23rd April (Full Day) Workshop – Understanding your camera, settings and learning how master manual mode, ten end the day with a photo walk, practicing your new skills
- Tuesday 27th April (Half Day) Workshop – Learning the art of street photography from New Zealand’s only female street photography mentor
- Tuesday 27th April (Half Day) Field Trip – Symonds Street Cemetery, explore and photograph the historic graves dappled in light surrounded by fallen autumn leaves
- Wednesday 28th April (Full Day) Field Trip – Airlie Gardens for landscape, wetlands and flower photography.
2021 Workshops & Field Trips – click here for full details
- Saturday 15th May – Light Trails Long Exposure Workshop
- Saturday 3rd July – Reflections Workshop
- Saturday 30th October – St Stephen’s Cemetery Field Trip
Girls with Cameras Mentoring Programme & Photography Exhibition
Each year, Girls with Cameras holds a photography mentorship programme where multi-award winning photographer Lesley Whyte will mentor, advise and guide a group of ten photographers over six weeks to create a stunning photography exhibition.
Applications open on 1st April and close 31st May with the mentoring programme commencing first Wednesday in July.
2021 Application Form & Mentoring Programme brochure – view and download here.
Click here to view: Terms & Conditions of Enrolment and Code of Conduct for all Girls with Cameras events and activity.