Street Photography Workshop – Auckland
Come join our first 2022 Women in Photography Street Photography Workshop – over 5 hours you will learn the art of Street Photography, understand how to confront your fears, compose in your head and how to shoot quickly to allow you to capture that “in the moment” image.
We’ll also be covering the artistic side of Street Photography, including reflections plus you’ll be taken through the legal aspects of photographing in public.
This workshop is suitable for beginners and while we cover the basics of camera settings, this workshop is about learning the art of Street Photography.
Led by Lesley – multi-award winning Australasian female Street Photography mentor, she will also be joined by the equally passionate street photographer Gail Orgias
If overseas travel is on your agenda as soon as we are allowed to travel, this is the workshop for you as you’ll come away having learnt how to capture images which aren’t the “typically touristy snaps”.
You will need to bring:
- Of course your camera gear with lens, anything from 16mm – 55mm is excellent, but do bring what you have
- Camera backpack if you are bringing more than one lens – an over the shoulder camera bag can get annoying by the end of the day
- Two or more fully charged batteries – you’ll be surprised as to how fast they are used
- Bottle of water, hat and sunscreen
- This is a day of lots of walking, make sure you’ve got comfortable shoes on
- Small tarpaulin of towel to lay on as some imagery we will be down on the ground
- NOTE: we won’t be using tripods today.
- Quick reference card covering the aspects of Street Photography
- Two photography mentors
- Hours of fun
- Debrief at the end of the workshop, checking all the awesome photos you’ve taken
- Invitation to join Women in Photography’s Facebook Alumni group – a place where you have the opportunity to privately share your photos with other women who have been on our workshops, tours and retreats.
What’s Not Included:
- We will be stopping for lunch – this is your own cost.
Where to meet:
- At 10.00am, you’ll meet Lesley & Gail on the steps of Aotea Centre in Aotea Square (this is a change from the original meeting place) – this is where we finish the day for our debrief.
Women in Photography has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Women in Photography’s events, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as an attendee.