Rugged Landscape & Moonlit Photography Retreat Capture to Print
If you are looking to combine your photography passion with an awesome long weekend, then come join our small group Rugged Landscape & Moonlit photography retreat based in the heart of the McKenzie Country. This retreat is suitable for beginners and intermediate level photographers, but of course advanced level photographers are very welcome.
What you’ll learn:
- How to capture awesome moon-lit night photos
- How to create high resolution multi-image panoramas (using Lightroom for processing)
- How to capture and process awesome photos
- Using Lightroom and Photoshop, understand how to prepare your photos for printing using print preparation.
Check out what is included on this all-inclusive, four day weekend which departs from Christchurch:
- Quality, shared twin room accommodation staying at Lake Ohau Quarters (limited single rooms available at additional cost), includes WIFI and hot tub for nightly use
- Three cooked breakfasts, four lunches and three two course dinners, wine with dinners is included
- Return coach transport from Christchurch to Lake Ohau and all photographic locations over the four days. Coach driven by Passenger Endorsement licensed professional coach driver
- Night photography workshop; working late into the night with processing after breakfast.
- Capture moonlit landscapes and hands on tuition on the settings you need
- Post photography review and processing workshops each day
- A3 colour print of your two favourite images
- A5 photo diary with pen and cheat sheets for all photography genres covered
- Two photography mentors; multi-award winning photographer Lesley Whyte and New Zealand’s leading female astrophotography mentor Meghan Maloney
What is the itinerary?
Day 1: If you are flying into Christchurch, you’ll meet Lesley, Meghan at Airport Gateway Motel at 9.00am and then Christchurch Airport at 9.30am OR there is an option for you to join the night before at Airport Gateway which is close to the airport, has free airport transfers, great accommodation rates and is where Lesley & Meghan are staying on Thursday night. Lunch and dinner included
Drive south to our Lake Ohau Quarters for the next three nights with lunch en route. Stopping at Tekapo where we’ll be able to have capture landscape images.
Day 1 – 3: Over these two days, we will capture sun rises and evening sunsets plus into the night to capture moonlight images. We’ll potograph some of New Zealand’s most inspirational and wild landscapes at Lake Ohau Station including Temple Valley, Temple Bridge, and the beautiful Temple Stream. Mt Cook to capture some of those iconic postcard images from Pete’s Lookout. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included
Day 3: Sharing of favourite photos using high resolution data projector in the evening.
Day 4: After breakfast we work with you to prepare and print your two favourite images before we depart for Christchurch, stopping along the way at Lake Tekapo where you have time to capture more of the iconic scenery. Arrive in Christchurch late afternoon in time for flights home. Arriving Christchurch around 5.00pm. Breakfast and lunch included.
Tell Me More:
This weekend is suitable for all levels including beginners are warmly welcomed as long as you have a basic understanding of how to change your camera settings. With a small group of 10 you are assured 1:1 time with Lesley and Meghan.
A general level of fitness is required; note we will be walking on at times, some unstable terrain.
A full list of equipment will be provided, but of course you’ll need to bring your laptop (Photoshop & Lightroom Classic installed), camera, a selection of lenses including a wide angle plus a telephoto lens would be ideal. You will also need a tripod, CPL or ND filters and a headlamp or torch. We will although have a number of filters kits available for shared use during the retreat to help you capture some stunning photographs.
This weekend is designed to enrich your photographic experience and meet fellow, like-minded women who share your photographic passion. The retreat concludes with a processing and printing two A3 images.
With photography mentors Lesley and Meghan, this four-day retreat showcases the best of this South Island location’s scenery. For long exposure photography the use of Neutral Density (ND) filters will enable longer shutter speeds to enable you to capture the beautiful effects of movement in the water and clouds. When you join this retreat this you’ll be guided through use of in ND filters enabling you to capture compelling photographs.
What if I need to fly to Christchurch?
Flights to and from Christchurch is your own cost, Lesley although will advise which is the best time for you to arrive in Christchurch and your best departure time.
Women in Photography has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the the COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Women in Photography’s events, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as an attendee.
How do I book?
You can secure your place with a $500 deposit by clicking “REGISTER”, the balance payable two weeks prior to travel.