Photography & Mindset Retreat – Reset & Grow
Women in Photography is passionate about growing your photography passion – we know that it can be very busy juggling your career and home life with at times, not much #metime.
Did you know that photography is a medium to express yourself, and also helps you to bring focus to positive life experiences, it can enhance your self-work and even reduces the stress hormone cortisol? What that means is being a #photographybuddy is good for you.
We recognise that at times we need #metime, some #cameratime and being with other women. Lesley has collaborated with the beautifully talented Monica Ferguson who not only is a #photographybuddy but is a leading NZ mindset coach.
Together we’ve developed an annual 4-day retreat in conjunction with River Valley Lodge which is on the banks on the Rangitikei River near Taihape. River Valley has been chosen as it is a place to restore, rejuvenate, recreate and regenerate – it where we can immerse ourselves in nature, build a real connection and embrace ourselves as women. Over this weekend, Monica will help you to set an amazing vision and smash through fears and limits, help you reach your next level and beyond 💜
With the photography, Lesley will coach you through how to create beautiful landscape and long exposure images while Monica who is a portrait photographer will coach you on how to capture beautiful portraits which will allow you to photograph family and friends.
Whether you are a beginner and only just started using your camera, you’re still on auto or you’re more advanced, this therapeutic long weekend is for you; Lesley and Monica will help you grow your photographic knowledge.
There will be Lightroom, and Photoshop sessions throughout so bring your laptop or tablet. Not to worry if you don’t have Lightroom or Photoshop, we’re sure that you’ll enjoy the photo sharing sessions.
This four-day weekend is inclusive of:
- Return mini-bus return transfer to River Valley Lodge from Palmerston North – 2.5 hours’ drive
- Lunch & dinner day 1, breakfast lunch & dinner days 2 and 3, breakfast & lunch day 4. Meals are substantial, tea and coffee throughout the day, cooked breakfasts, two course dinners and large lunches. Wines with dinner also included
- Accommodation at River Valley is across a variety of share twin rooms. Single rooms may be available at additional $230 once final numbers are known
- Full use of spa and saunas – what a way to unwind!
- Beautiful Women in Photography A5 photo diary and pen.
Don’t forgot to pack:
- Warm clothes with layers and a raincoat (who knows what the weather is going to be like)
- Walking shoes
- Water bottle
- Camera backpack
- Of course your camera gear and multiple batteries
- Multi-purpose lens 17-85mm or something similar, telephoto if you have one
- Small $4 tarpaulin available from Bunnings to lay your camera gear on plus you may be laying on the ground to capture images
- ND filters – Lesley uses a ND variable fader and has a selection available to use. Please check as to what sizes are available.
$500 deposit secures your place, balance payable 14 days prior.