Marlborough Sounds – Capture to Print Retreat
Are you a beginner, intermediate level photographer or maybe just a hobbyist and are you looking to combine your photography passion with an awesome long weekend, then come join our small group based at at the head of the Marlborough Sounds for our Seascape & Landscape Photography retreat. This weekend has Lightroom and Photoshop tuition and sessions throughout the 4 days – if you don’t have these loaded on your laptop, we can work to prepare your images for you.
We’ll teach you how to use simple composition techniques and help you master your camera’s settings. With a selection of neutral density and circular polarising filters available for use we’ll work with you to enhance your images. We will help you to take your RAW images and create an awesome images using both Lightroom and Photoshop. Not only will you have an amazing time, but you will also come away with having met some amazing #photographybuddies and be more confident with your photographic skills.
Thursday option – Own cost, book to stay at Ellena Court in Blenheim. Join us for dinner and get to know each other before we head away tomorrow. This is the first departure point for Friday.
Friday: Arrive at Blenheim Airport late morning where you will be met by Lesley & Leanne and be transferred to Picton. If you’re coming from Wellington onboard the first ferry to be in Picton for a 1pm water taxi transfer. On arrival in Picton we all board a one hour’s water taxi ride to Arapawa Island. We are hosted for the next three nights by the Radon family who live on this beautiful island which is surrounded by stunning scenery and panoramic vistas of Cook Strait, Tory Channel and the heads at the gateway to the Marlborough Sounds. Settle into your accomodation and after lunch we have an overview of the weekend’s activities and discussion on camera settings. This evening after dinner, golden and blue hour photography from the wharf, beach and farm to capture amazing images of the sun setting over the Marlborough Sounds.
Saturday & Sunday: Over these two days there is such a variety awesomely mindblowing landscapes, seascapes images to capture; sun rising, sun setting, photographing sheep dogs working, beautiful farm horses in action and capturing images of long fin eels being fed (bring your GoPro with waterproof casing). We will be up really early and out late so pack some good walking shoes. We will also have lots of time for Lightroom & Photoshop workshops which includes understanding how to prepare your images for printing.
Monday: Our last morning, why not get up early for another blue and golden hour sunrise photographic opporutunity. After breakfast we finish printing our images before being transported back to Picton, then head to Blenheim Airport and fly home.
- Mentoring from two awesome Women in Photography mentors – Lesley & Leanne
- Women in Photography A5 photo diary with quick reference cards for all the photography genres covered plus a Women in Photography pen – a $40 value
- Invitation to join the Women in Photography FaceBook Alumni group
- Take home two of your images printed in A3 – value over $100
- Learning how to create high resolution multi-image panoramas using Lightroom for processing
- How to capture and process awesome photos
- Hands on coaching on composition to enable you to create inspiring images
- Mentoring to enable you to become comfortable at working in manual; mastering the exposure triangle
- Expert advice on how to create stunning images in Lightroom and Photoshop and prepare for printing
- Three nights accommodation at the Arapawa homestead farm cottages on Awapawa Island in the Marlborough Sounds
- Photography and processing review sessions
- Home prepared, breakfast, lunch and two course dinner with wines
- Tea, coffee, and milo – please bring your own water bottle and snacks – some home baked morning or afternoon teas are provided
- Return coach transfers Blenheim Airport to Picton
- Return water taxi transfers Picton to Arapawa Island.
EQUIPMENT & CLOTHING:
- Camera and both wide angle and zoom lens plus charger & spare camera batteries
- Camera backpack
- Laptop & charger – make sure your Lightroom & Photoshop. Adobe make a free version of Lightroom available only for desktop/laptop. Please contact Lesley if you need the link to pre-download
- Headlamp or small torch with batteries
- Memory cards and memory card reader
- Neutral density (ND) or ND2-400 circular polarising (CPL) filters
- Warm clothing, including termal top & bottom, sturdy walking shoes, beanie, fingerless gloves plus pack a waterproof and windproof jacket
- Tarpaulin for laying camera gear on – you’ll not want to lay your camera gear down on damp or wet ground.
LEVEL OF FITNESS:
A general level of fitness is required to carry your camera backpack up small, steep and narrow paths and walking on unstable farmland. – some walks are 30-45 minutes in duration
Walking on slipery wet rocks is also likely plus walking at night in unlight areas.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Snacks to have with morning and afternoon tea
- Flights or transport return to Blenheim Airport
- Interislander ferry fares.
Maximum number of attendees is 12
Activity is weather dependant and sequence of photographic opportunity may vary
HOW TO BOOK:
You can secure your place with a $500 deposit by clicking “REGISTER”, the balance payable two weeks prior to travel.
Want to know more about this retreat – contact either firstname.lastname@example.org