Seascapes & Landscape Photography Retreat
Are you a beginner, intermediate level photographer or maybe just a hobbyist and are you looking to combine your photography passion with an awesome long weekend, then come join our small group based at at the head of the Marlborough Sounds for our Seascape & Long Exposure Photography Capture to Print retreat. This weekend has Lightroom and Photoshop tuition and sessions throughout the 4 days – if you don’t have these loaded on your laptop, we can work to prepare your images for you.
We’ll teach you how to use simple composition techniques and help you master your camera’s settings. With a selection of neutral density and circular polarising filters available for use we’ll work with you to enhance your images. We will help you to take your RAW images and create an awesome images using both Lightroom and Photoshop. Not only will you have an amazing time, but you will also come away with having met some amazing #photographybuddies and be more confident with your photographic skills.
Friday: Departing from Blenheim at 8.30am, met Lesley & Leanne and be transferred to Picton. On arrival in Picton at around 9.00am we all board a one hour’s water taxi ride to Arapawa Island. We are hosted for the next three nights by the Radon family who live on this beautiful island which is surrounded by stunning scenery and panoramic vistas of Cook Strait, Tory Channel and the heads at the gateway to the Marlborough Sounds. Settle into your accomodation and over lunch we have an overview of the weekend’s activities and discussion on camera settings. This evening after dinner, golden and blue hour photography from the wharf, beach and farm to capture amazing images of the sun setting over the Marlborough Sounds.
Saturday & Sunday: Over these two days there is such a variety awesomely mindblowing landscapes, seascapes images to capture; sun rising, sun setting, photographing sheep dogs working, beautiful farm horses in action and capturing images of long fin eels being fed (bring your GoPro with waterproof casing). We will be up really early and out late so pack some good walking shoes. We will time for Lightroom & Photoshop workshops which includes understanding how to prepare your images for printing.
Monday: Our last morning, why not get up early for another blue and golden hour sunrise photographic opporutunity. Finish printing our images before being transported back to Picton after lunch, then head to Blenheim Airport and fly home, so schedule your flight to depart after 4.00pm.
- Breakfast, lunch and two course dinner with wines while at Arapawa Island
- Drinks and nibbles after dinner
- Tea, coffee, and milo – please bring your own water bottle and snacks – some home baked morning or afternoon teas are provided
- Shared room accommodation across a variety of room types; School House bunk room and Beach House with a variety of room types. Note limited single rooms available.
- Return transfers Blenheim to Picton
- Return water taxi Picton to Arapawa Island
- Mentoring from two awesome Women in Photography mentors – Lesley & Leanne
- Women in Photography A5 photo diary with quick reference cards for all the photography genres covered plus a Women in Photography pen – a $40 value
- Invitation to join the Women in Photography FaceBook Alumni group
- Take home one of your images printed in A3 – value over $100
- Learning how to create high resolution multi-image panoramas using Lightroom for processing
- Learning how to capture and process awesome photos
- Hands on coaching on composition to enable you to create inspiring images
- Mentoring to enable you to become comfortable at working in manual; mastering the exposure triangle
- Expert advice on how to create stunning images in Lightroom and Photoshop and prepare for printing
- Three nights accommodation at the Arapawa homestead farm cottages on Awapawa Island in the Marlborough Sounds
- Photography and processing review sessions.
LEVEL OF FITNESS:
A general level of fitness is required to carry your camera backpack up small, steep and narrow paths and walking on unstable farmland. – some walks are 30-45 minutes in duration
Walking on slipery wet rocks is also likely plus walking at night in unlight areas.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Snacks to have with morning and afternoon tea
- Flights or transport return to Blenheim.
Maximum number of attendees is 12.
Limited numbers of own room available are available at additional cost of $300 for the three nights is payable upfront with deposit.
Activity is weather dependant and sequence of photographic opportunity may vary
All prices quoted are NZD – T&C’s available here
Clothing & equipment list available here
HOW TO BOOK:
You can secure your place with a $500 deposit by clicking “REGISTER”, the balance payable 21 days prior to travel.
Want to know more about this retreat – contact either firstname.lastname@example.org
Women in Photography has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the the COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Women in Photography’s events, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as an attendee.