Long Exposure Rugged Seascapes & Landscapes – Capture to Print
If you are looking to combine your photography passion with an awesome long weekend, then come join our small group in Mt Maunganui for Long Exposure, Rugged Seascapes Capture to Print weekend.
Check out what is included on this all-inclusive, four day weekend.
- Quality, shared twin room accommodation (own room available at additional cost)
- Four cooked breakfasts, four lunches and three, two-course dinners with a glass of wine or beer
- Coach transport to all photographic locations over the four days. Coach driven by Passenger Endorsement licensed professional coach driver
- Post photography review and processing workshops each day
- Colour print of your two favourite images
- A5 photo diary with pen and cheat sheets for all photography genres covered
- Two photography mentors; multi-award winning photographer Lesley Whyte and Raewyn Smith.
What you’ll learn:
- How to create high resolution multi-image panoramas (using Lightroom for processing)
- Using an intervalometer, take multiple images to create a single long exposure image (using Photoshop for processing) Intervalometers are provided for use and available for purchase after if you want to keep it
- How to capture and process awesome photos
- Understand how to prepare your photos for printing.
What is the itinerary?
Day 1: Meet Lesley, Raewyn and our coach driver at Mt Maunganu before lunch.
Day 1 – 3: Over these 3 days, we will capture long exposure seascape sun rises, sunsets, waterfalls along with night light trails long exposure workshop
Day 3: Sharing of favourite photos using high resolution data projector in the evening.
Day 4: After breakfast we work with you to prepare and print your two favourite images before you depart home before lunch.
Tell Me More
This weekend is suitable for all levels including beginners who are warmly welcomed as long as you have a basic understanding of how to change your camera settings. With a small group of 10 you are assured 1:1 time with Lesley and Raewyn.
A general level of fitness is required; note we will be walking on at times, some unstable terrain.
A full list of equipment will be provided, but of course you’ll need to bring your laptop (Photoshop & Lightroom Classic installed), camera, a selection of lenses including a wide angle plus a telephoto lens would be ideal. You will also need a tripod, CPL or ND filters and a headlamp or torch.
This weekend is designed to enrich your photographic experience and meet fellow, like-minded women who share your photographic passion. The retreat concludes with a processing and printing two of your favourite images (29.7cm x 41.9 cm) using imagePROGRAF PRO-300 professional printer.
We will also have a number of filters kits along with Canon 55-250mm and Tamron 160-600mm lenses available for shared use during the retreat to help you capture some stunning photographs.
With photography mentors Lesley and Raewyn, this four-day weekend showcases the best of this regions scenery. For long exposure photography the use of Neutral Density (ND) filters will enable longer shutter speeds to enable you to capture the beautiful effects of movement in the water and clouds. When you join this retreat this you’ll be guided through use of in ND filters enabling you to capture compelling photographs.
How will I get to Mt Maunganui and what do I need to pack?
Pam Young from House of Travel can book your flights if you need, otherwise you can make your own way and underground parking is available at our apartments.
You will receive an equipment list on booking and paying your $500 deposit.
How do I book?
You can secure your place with a $500 deposit by clicking “REGISTER”, the balance payable two weeks prior to travel.
Managed by Women in Photography, this weekend is organised by Pam Young from House of Travel, therefore you can be assured that you are booking through an IATA accredited travel agency with your deposit and final payment secured.