Learn the Art of Travel & Street Photography
With travel coming back on many people’s agenda now is the time to brush up on or learn the art of travel & street photography so that you can share awesomely mind-blowing images with your family & friends! If overseas travel is on your agenda this is the workshop for you as you’ll come away having learnt how to capture images which aren’t the “typically touristy snaps”. On this workshop we have available for your use, our recently reviewed Nikon Z fc which we are suggesting as a camera for beginners or those who are looking for a lightweight and easy to use travel camera.
So come join our Travel & Street Photography Workshop – over 5 hours you will learn the art travel & street photography plus understand how to compose in your head and how to shoot quickly to allow you to capture that “in the moment” image.
We’ll also be covering the artistic side including reflections plus you’ll be taken through the legal aspects of photographing in public.
Led by multi-award winning photographer Lesley who is an Australasian Street Photography mentor.
You will need to bring:
- Of course your camera gear with lens, anything from 16mm – 55mm is excellent, but do bring what you have
- Camera backpack if you are bringing more than one lens – an over the shoulder camera bag can get annoying by the end of the day
- Two or more fully charged batteries – you’ll be surprised as to how fast they are used
- This is a day of lots of walking, make sure you’ve got comfortable shoes on
- Small tarpaulin of towel to lay on as some imagery we will be down on the ground
- NOTE: we won’t be using tripods today.
- Quick reference card covering the aspects of Travel & Street Photography
- Hours of fun & lots of mentoring
- Debrief at the end of the workshop, checking all the awesome photos you’ve taken
- Invitation to join Women in Photography’s Facebook Alumni group – a place where you have the opportunity to privately share your photos with other women who have been on our workshops, tours and retreats.
What’s Not Included:
- We will be stopping for lunch – this is your own cost.
Where to meet:
- At 10.00am, you’ll meet Lesley on the steps of Aotea Centre in Aotea Square – this is where we finish the day for our debrief. This workshop operates regardless of weather.
We are pleased to have Progear as the sponsor this workshop.
Women in Photography has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Women in Photography’s events, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as an attendee.