GIRLS WITH CAMERAS: Workshop – Understanding your Camera’s Settings & Moving to Manual
Girls with Cameras encourages younger women to grow their photographic passion and expertise – young women at secondary school aged 13-17.
If you’ve ever wondered about how to get off auto or are stuck on aperture/shutter priority, then come join this fun filled, full day workshop where in the morning we will be exploring and understanding the exposure training (ISO, aperture and shutter speed) and the correlation between the three. Before we break for lunch, you will have mastered the exposure triangle settings and be up and running in manual mode.
After lunch, through a series of exercises you will practice and present your images for review.
This workshop is only suitable for cameras and a basic understanding of your camera’s use is required.
What to bring:
- Camera – battery fully charged
- Spare camera battery (recommended)
- Memory cards
- Lens – I typically use my 17-55mm
- Tarpaulin or towel as may be laying on the ground
- Dress warmly for the day.
- There is walking involved therefore suitable flat footwear is required
- No food is provided
- A selection of tea and coffee is available
- At lunch we will walk down to Westfield Newmarket food hall where food can be purchased
- A beautiful Girls with Cameras A5 photo diary & pen is provided.