GIRLS WITH CAMERAS: Photo Walk – Exploring Auckland Wintergardens
Girls with Cameras encourages younger women to grow their photographic passion and expertise – young women at secondary school aged 13-17.
Come join this fun afternoon as we explore Auckland Domain’s Wintergardens learning how to photography a variety of flowers and plants – this photo walk is all about capturing flowers and creating macro / close up images.
This workshop is suitable for both smart phones and cameras. A basic understanding of your camera’s use is required.
What to bring:
- Camera – battery fully charged
- Spare camera battery (recommended)
- Memory cards
- Lens – I typically use my 17-55mm
- Macro lens if you have one – although not essential
- Backpack or camera bag
- Tarpaulin or towel as you’ll be laying on the ground
- Tripod or monopod is recommended but not essential
- AT Hop card for travelling from Remuera Road to Auckland Domain and return
- Dress warmly for the day.
Before we head out, we will go through the camera’s settings and best approach of how to photograph these flowers.
- There is walking involved, therefore suitable flat footwear is required
- No food is provided
- A selection of tea and coffee is available.