GIRLS WITH CAMERAS – FIELD TRIP
Girls with Cameras encourages younger women to grow their photographic passion and expertise – young women at secondary school aged 13-17.
Come join this fun morning as we explore Auckland Domain’s Wintergardens learning how to photography a variety of flowers and plants in and around the glass houses.
This workshop is suitable for both smart phones and cameras, although more suitable for cameras. A basic understanding of your camera’s use is required.
What to bring:
- Camera – battery fully charged
- Spare camera battery (recommended)
- Memory cards with lots of spare space
- Lens – I typically use my 17-55mm
- Macro lens if you have one
- Backpack or camera bag
- Small tarpaulin or towel as you’ll be laying on the ground
- Tripod or monopod is recommended but not essential. This would be a great level entry tripod to buy for $50 from Noel Lemming
- AT Hop card for travelling from Remuera Road to Auckland Domain and return
- Dress warmly for the day
- Before we head out, we will go through the camera’s settings and best approach of how to photograph these flowers.
- There is walking involved therefore suitable flat footwear is required
- No food is provided
- A selection of milo, tea and coffee is available before and after the field trip
- If you are attending the afternoon workshop, bring your own lunch.
- This field trip will operate regardless of weather
- Drop off from 8.00am – workshop starts 8.30am
- Pickup before 1.00pm – workshop finishes 12.00noon
$65 per person
Maximum number of attendees 10