GIRLS WITH CAMERAS: Field Trip – Exploring Symonds Street Cemetery
Girls with Cameras encourages younger women to grow their photographic passion and expertise – young women at secondary school aged 13-17.
On this field trip we will be exploring Auckland’s oldest cemetery, capturing images of the graves through dappled light surrounded by the Autumn leaves along with the architecture of the gravestones and intricate cast steel surrounds.
If you have an interest in black & white photography genre, you should be able to capture some amazing images today.
This workshop is suitable for both smart phones and cameras. A basic understanding of your camera’s use is required.
What to bring:
- Camera – battery fully charged
- Spare camera battery (recommended)
- Memory cards
- Lens – I typically use my 17-55mm
- Backpack or camera bag
- Tarpaulin or towel as you’ll be laying on the ground
- AT Hop card for travelling from Remuera Road to Symonds Street and return
- Dress warmly for the day.
- There is walking involved therefore suitable flat footwear is required
- No food is provided
- A selection of tea and coffee is available.