GIRLS WITH CAMERAS: Field Trip – Exploring Airlie Gardens
Girls with Cameras encourages younger women to grow their photographic passion and expertise – young women at secondary school aged 13-17.
This is full day field trip where we visit Auckland’s amazing Airlie gardens located in Whitford. Departing around 9.00am by mini-bus we will be returning, arriving back in Newmarket around 4.00pm in time for a quick review of photos.
This day will appeal to both the landscape photographers and botanists as with two distinct areas to walk there will be masses to photograph. With the wetlands, we are hoping for some reflection photographic opportunities and for the gardens, being autumn, we will be looking for amazing colours of the autumn leaves.
This workshop is suitable for both smart phones and cameras. A basic understanding of your camera’s use is required.
What to bring:
- Camera – battery fully charged
- Spare camera battery (recommended)
- Memory cards
- Lens – I typically use my 17-55mm
- Backpack or camera bag
- Tripod if you have one – not essential, but useful
- Tarpaulin or towel as you’ll be laying on the ground
- Dress warmly for the day.
- There is walking involved therefore suitable flat footwear is required
- No food is provided and there is no café is Airlie Gardens – please bring your food and drink with you
- Two photography mentors
- A beautiful Girls with Cameras A5 photo diary & pen is provided.