Blue Duck Station Photography Retreat
Come join Women in Photography’s annual photography retreat at Blue Duck Station which is situated inland south of Taurmanui and north of National Park and borders the Whanganui River.
Over the four days that we are away, we will be totally immersed into the beauty, tranquility and rawness of Blue Duck Station and will experience:
- Pre-dawn 30 minute ATV ride to the highest point on the station to capture images of the sun rising above the clouds – spectacular #golden & #bluehour photography
- Capture images of the stations waterfall, both from up top and down below
- Enjoy a sedate canoe paddle through a pristine gorge with vertically rising walls, water dripping to capture images – waterproof camera, GoPro are so suited here to capture underwater images
- Excursion jet boat trip to the iconic Bridge to Nowhere and along the 45-minute walk to the bridge capture beautiful images of the dappled light on the undergrowth
- Capture images of the historic buildings on the station; early settlers hut, ammunition hut, post office and creamery
- Capture images of stock being worked – a specially run opportunity just for Women in Photography
- If you are a drone user, please bring your drone – there is an immense amount of drone photographic opportunities
- Capture images at night of old rusting trucks lit by torches
- If you comfortable with astro photography – the night skies here are clear and crips (except when there is cloud cover)
- In the evenings we will run Lightroom & Photoshop sessions while enjoying a glass of wine & nibbles or maybe just enjoy our wine & nibbles around a campfire.
- Mini-coach return transport Auckland via Hamilton – departing at 7.30am, returning around 5.00pm
- Pick-up & drop-off at Auckland’s Greenlane Countdown carpark
- Pick-up & drop-off at Hamilton’s The Base Bunnings carpark
- All (substantial) meals while away, fully cooked breakfast, lunch, morning tea, afternoon tea, two course dinners with wines
- Whio Lodge – bunk style warm, cosy, shared accommodation (linen included) Check this link
- Option of your own Eco bush cabin (linen included) a couple of minutes walk away from Whio (if available) at additional cost – check this link
- Our own lounge to relax in at night for Lightroom & Photoshop session.
Just pack your bag, bring your laptop and camera gear – everything else is included – from the time you step onboard our min-coach until you get off at the end of the four days there are no additional costs; unless you want to buy some of Blue Duck Stations honey or books.
Limited to a maximum of 10 a $500 deposit secures your place. Limited numbers of own room are available at additional cost of $200 payable upfront with deposit. The balance payable 21 days prior.
T&C’s available here
Women in Photography has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the the COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Women in Photography’s events, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as an attendee.