2024 Australasian Street Photography Retreat
We are fortunate to be able to bring Leanne Staples, owner of Shoot New York City and one of New York’s leading Street Photographers to Australia to lead our Sydney based 2024 Australasian Street Photography Retreat. Note that this is a mixed gender photography retreat.
Collaboration like this is an amazing way for fellow street photographers to meet internationally acclaimed artists such as Leanne – you can read more about Leanne here.
This four day, four night photography retreat focuses on learning different street photography styles and caters to photographers of all levels who are interested in learning the art of street photography. The are a variety of walks; urban, laneways, and seaside – all locations allow you to become immersed in Sydney.
A selection of Leanne’s images from New York are below.
- On arrival Thursday afternoon, begin your Street Photography workshop with Leanne, exploring the concept of Street Photography and methodologies
- Manly workshop
- Sydney’s laneways and cityscapes workshop
- Barangaroo workshop
- Luna Park boardwalk workshop
- Wynyard station underground walkways
- VIVID dinner cruise
- 2 day image processing workshop – editing and preparing, finally printing a selection of your images ready for framing
- Printing two of your images in A3+ and packaged for you to take home
- Lots of on-location image reviews
This will be a great learning environment with expert guidance, instruction and personal attention. This photography retreat caters to all levels, from beginners to advanced photographers, but you should have a basic understanding of your camera’s settings.You will also need to bring a laptop device which has Adobe Cloud Lightroom Classic registered and loaded. If you’re not an Adobe user, we can print your images for you on the day.
You will leave this photography retreat with new skills, new friends, inspiration and some really, really, stunning photos to show off with two of your favourite images printed in A3+ ready to frame.
Thursday 31 May
Meet in the foyer of North Sydney’s View Hotel at 3pm. Once everyone has arrived, you’ll begin with a Street Photography workshop led by Leanne, You’ll also receive your Opal card with lanyard which is topped up with $50 for all your train & ferry trips over this retreat, a beautiful A5 photo diary to take this with you for all our outings and jot down the settings you’ll need. You’ll also look at the range of professional photographic paper that can choose from to print your finished images on.
Tonight we walk the local Greenwood Hotel for dinner and continue getting to know each other more.
Included: Dinner & accommodation
Friday 1 & Saturday 2 June
Over the next couple of days, you’ll be departing from North Sydney’s View Hotel each day, there’s lots of places to visit with Leanne:
- Circular Quay
- Luna Park
- Sydney’s laneways and streets
- Queen Victoria Building
NOTE: As you’ll be out most of the day, it’s best to have at least 3 batteries for your camera.
Included: Breakfast, dinner & accommodation
Friday night – three hour VIVID Harbour Cruise
Sunday 3 & Monday 4
Over these two days you’ll be learning how to take the photos you’ve captured, editing and preparing for printing.
Monday: On checkout, bring your bags to the workshop and we will aim to finish the day around 2pm/3pm to allow you to travel home late afternoon.
Included: Saturday – Breakfast, lunch, dinner & accommodation
Included: Monday – Breakfast & farewell lunch
- Accommodation – share twin (own room available at additional cost)
- Cooked and continental breakfast daily at View Hotel – coffee station coffee included
- Working lunch Sunday
- Working lunch Monday with Prosecco
- VIVID evening dinner harbour cruise
- Transport to all activities outlined using train & ferry. Some locations are walking distance
- On location Street Photography mentoring while out and about
- Two day photographic & print preparation workshop
- Printing of two of your favourite images on Epson P706 SureColour photo printer. Printed in A3+ on professional photographic paper, includes tube and acid free paper to transport your images home without being damaged
- A5 photo diary which is invaluable for making notes on where you’ve visited.
What’s Not Included:
- Travel to North Sydney
- Meals (except where noted as being included)
- Speciality coffees not provided at View Hotel’s coffee station
Cost & Other Stuff
- Share Twin room – NZ$4,300 per person
- Own room – NZ$4,950 per person
- No accommodation – NZ$3,400
- All prices quoted are NZD
- Camera gear & equipment list available here
- Limited to a maximum of 12
- NZ$500 deposit secures your place
- Book now by paying your deposit – balance of payment is due 6 weeks prior to departure.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS APPLICABLE FOR THIS PHOTOGRAPHY RETREAT
- If you choose to cancel your booking, your deposit is non-refundable unless we fill your place
- If we have to cancel we will give you a full refund or you can have your deposit transferred to any of our other events
- Full payment is due 6 weeks before the commencement date and is thereafter non-refundable in the event of your choosing to cancel, unless we are able to re-fill your place.
- We recommend you purchase Travel & Pandemic Travel Insurance to provide cover should you not be able to travel.