Auckland Street Photography – Henri Cartier-Bresson Style
*** SOLD OUT *** This one-day workshop where we explore street photography, understanding Henri Cartier-Bresson’s expressive form of photography which requires a clear view and a quick reaction ‘le moment décisif’ (the decisive moment) as he described it. Participants will explore the “decisive moment” concept coined by Henri Cartier-Bresson, learn photography techniques like sweeping and unfocusing, and discover how to “capture time” and trap the climactic moment in front of them with their camera. This workshop which coach you how to capture street scenes as strong photographic images.
This street photography workshop is suitable for those who are wanting to explore and learn street photography creating traditional style – beginners are welcome, it is recommended that you have previously attended our Introduction to Street Photography Workshop. You will need to be comfortable in working in manual and choosing your own settings as there is no tuition on camera settings.
Location of activity
Meeting point is at Commercial Bay, 7 Queen Street, Auckland around the escalator & stairs area
What is covered
- What is street photography?
- Laws/rules/ethics– we will discuss some of the legal and moral considerations that you will need to make when working as a street photographer
- Introduction will focus on a number of examples from the work of Henri Cartier-Bresson
- Are special techniques required for street photography?
- What makes it street photography, and which subjects lend themselves best for it?
- Light – how to use the light available to you to create the best image possible. This will include capturing photographs in different locations and lighting
- Interacting with a subject– we will talk about how to approach your subjects, how to position them, how to light your subjects, and how to capture their stories.
- Camera with a wide angle lens – something like 28mm or 50mm
- Batteries to last all day
- SD card
- Lens cleaning cloth
- Pre downloaded and installed PhotoPills software (small one-off purchase required)
Click here to see a selection of Henri Cartier-Bresson style images
COST – NZ$225 per person
HOW TO BOOK – Click here to book
Want to know more about this worksop – contact firstname.lastname@example.org