2024 Vietnam Photography Tour – Crafts & Culture
*** BOOKINGS CLOSED **** We’re heading to Vietnam for 9 days / 8 nights and would love you to join our photography retreat hosted by Women in Photography’s Ho Chi Minh City based Susan Blick and her Vietnamese guide.
November is one of the best months to visit, the weather is dry and sunny and it’s a fabulous time to cruise the islands of Ha Long Bay.
Vietnam is a photographer’s paradise, has some of the most incredible natural wonders on the planet and is renowned for its astonishing beauty. From the misty mountains, glistening rice fields and enchanting waterfalls, to the powdery white sand and clear turquoise waters, Vietnam is a scenic paradise! Just perfect for photography, but on this trip Susan will be taking you to locations that allow you to experience and photograph Vietnam’s famous “crafts & culture” scene, where environmental portraiture will feature prominently.
Starting with a meet and greet from Susan at Hanoi Airport on 1st November until you leave us at Da Nang Airport on 9th November to catch your international homebound flight, you will be experiencing the crafts and culture of this beautiful country through a lens and led by Susan who is truely passionate about this colourful country! Note: if you are not arriving on the recommended flight, you may be met by a local Vietnamese driver who will take you to your hotel.
You are welcome to organise your own flights, travel insurance and visas (suggested flights listed below) although to allow everyone to arrive and depart on the same flights, we suggest that you book through our travel agent Kerry Graham who will arrange the group to travel together, recommend the right travel insurance and assist with your visa application.
You’ll experience the following locations, more details and full itinerary are available in our brochure – click here to download
- Villages to capture photographs of the incense, fish trap, rice paper making, soya sauce. Some locations we have arranged local Vietnamese to be in situ and pose for you
- Famous Hanoi markets and old Town
- Ha Long Bay with the famous soluble rock formation called karsts
- Sunrise & sunset photographic opportunities onboard the ship
- Rehahn gallery – to marvel and be inspired by the resident French photographer’s images
- Local organic vegetable farm
- Street photography in the streets of Hanoi
- Yellow wall backdrops of Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, waiting for subjects to come into our frame.
- Blue hour at Bon River to photograph the lanterns
- Photograph models in their traditional ao dai clothing
- While exploring the magic of Hoi An, capture more stunning images
Check out what is included on this nine night, eight day photography tour:
- Small group – minimum 6, maximum 10
- Fully escorted & hosted by Susan and our Vietnamese guide
- Meet & greet on arrival at Hanoi Airport if travelling on the same flight
- Transfer to Da Nang Airport to connect with international flight home
- Sharing in a twin room, although own room available at additional cost for 6 of the 8 nights
- Breakfast daily at your hotel
- Breakfast lunch & dinner onboard the cruise ship
- Overnight sleeper train
- Ha Long Bay cruise
- Daily photography review sessions
- Lots of awesome locations plus not to mention, amazing fun!
LEVEL OF FITNESS:
A general level of fitness is required to carry your camera backpack up small, steep and narrow paths and walking on unstable land.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Flights to Hanoi to join this photography tour and returning from Da Nang to connect with your international flight home
- Visa to enter Vietnam
- Travel insurance – this is a mandatory requirement to join this photography tour
- Items of a personal nature
- Items not mentioned above
- Morning, afternoon tea snacks
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
- NZ$4,100 per person – sharing a room
- NZ$4,600 per person – room on your own (note that own room isn’t available on the cruise or overnight sleeper train)
DEPOSIT, CANCELLATION & REFUNDS:
- NZ$1,250 deposit is required to secure your place
- If you choose to cancel your booking, your deposit is non-refundable unless we fill your place
- If we have to cancel we will give you a full refund or you can have your deposit transferred to any of our other events
- Full payment is due 8 weeks before the commencement date and is thereafter non-refundable in the event of your choosing to cancel, unless we are able to re-fill your place.
Want to know more about this retreat – contact firstname.lastname@example.org