2023 Rangitikei Landscape Photography Retreat
This 5 day photography retreat will allow you to develop and grow your entire photographic skills, starting with how to capture images through to learning the art of preparing and printing your photos. Don’t be scared off by the activity, this weekend is about demystifying what seems like a complex process into an easy to comprehend process.
Think about how rewarding it is to watch your A3 prints coming off the printer – it’s such an amazing feeling seeing your finished product “in print”.
This weekend is absolutely for beginners and intermediate level photographers who would like to grow their capabilities, of course if you’re more advanced you are warmly welcome to join us.
We’ll be covering:
- Coming off auto – mastering ISO, Aperture & Shutter Speed
- Mastering white balance
- Learning how to create and frame in camera a great image
- Processing in Lightroom (mobile or laptop) – a free version of Lightroom is available for tablet & iPad users if you don’t have an Adobe license
- Processing in Photoshop (laptop) – how to create a border and frame your image, including adding an image title. Don’t worry if you don’t have Photoshop, Leanne or Lesley will be able to work with you on their devices
- Preparing your images for printing
- Printing 2 of your images in A3+ on an Epson SureColour 706 professional photographic printer using two different types of paper – fine art textured and smooth pearl. Both these papers are professional and high quality photographic papers.
This weekend is fully inclusive of return mini-bus transport departing Auckland at 7.00am Thursday 24 August returning Auckland around 6.00pm Monday 28 August. From the time you step onboard, until we return you back to Auckland, you’ll only likely need to buy a cup of coffee. We even provide packaging to carry your beautiful images home so they don’t get damaged.
For the duration of this weekend we will be based at Shane & Nikki Quinn’s Rangitikei Alpine Hunting lodge being driven around in ATV (all terrain vehicles) capturing amazing landscape and river images, plus time spent photographing the “mighty” deer that roam this property in all their splendid antler glory!!
- Return mini coach departing Auckland’s Greenlane/Ellerslie Novotel & Ibis hotel – leaving at 7.00am. Pick-up & drop off points at Cambridge and other locations along State Highway 1 along the way to Taihape
- Shared beautiful accommodation across 3 share twin rooms & 4 single rooms
- Expert, professional and of course amazingly friendly coaching by Leanne & Lesley
- Women in Photography A5 photo diary with quick reference cards for all the photography genres covered plus a Women in Photography pen
- How to capture absolutely awesomely gorgeous images
- Understanding how to prepare your image for printing
- Two printed image of your choice in A3 and packaged for you to take home
- Hands on coaching on composition to enable you to create inspiring images
- Mentoring to enable you to become comfortable at working in manual; mastering the exposure triangle
- Expert advice on how to manage your images in Lightroom and Photoshop
- Invitation to join Women in Photography’s FaceBook Alumni group
- Cooked breakfast Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday, lunch Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday and two course dinner with wines Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. While at Alpine Hunting Lodge, fresh muffins are baked daily for our morning and afternoon teas
- Drinks & nibbles after dinner.
EQUIPMENT & CLOTHING:
Please check this list of what to pack – click here
LEVEL OF FITNES
- A general level of fitness is required to carry your camera backpack up small, steep and narrow paths and walking on unstable land.
- Walking on rocks is also likely plus walking at night in unlit areas.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Return flights to Auckland along with transfers to/from point of departure
- Accommodation pre & post tour – although as we are departing from Novotel, Ibis hotel at Greenlane, this is an ideal place for pre & post tour accommodation if you are from out of town
- Travel insurance – it is strongly recommended that you take out travel & pandemic insurance. Please email email@example.com to enquire about a quote.
HOW TO BOOK:
- You can secure your place with a $500 deposit by clicking “REGISTER”, the balance payable 21 days prior.
- Want to know more about this retreat – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximum number of attendees is 11
- Activity is weather dependant and sequence of photographic opportunity may vary
Women in Photography has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the Covid-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Women in Photography’s events, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as an attendee.