Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering this competition, you hereby agree to the following terms and represent and warrant to Women in Photography (“Women in Photography, Photography Competitions” or “us”) that all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate.
The competition is open to female (including those who identify as a woman) photographers throughout the world. Women in Photography team members as listed on the Women in Photography website and sponsors are not eligible to enter.
All of the images submitted are original photographs created by you or are photographs created by an artist who authorised you to submit the images on his or her behalf. Images submitted by you do not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce, in any way, any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting our rights, it is our policy to terminate all relations with any artist who infringes copyrights upon our receipt of notice of infringement from the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal counsel.
Photography Subject Matter
The photographs which will be uploaded by you do not include material that is sexually explicit, violent and/or racist.
If for any reason an announced judge is unable to judge the entries, the entries will be judged by the remaining judges and/or alternate judge.
Judging by peers will be available and also judging by Women in Photography nominated judges. Scoring methodology is specific to the photography competition software and will produce a single score for each entry. No names or other identification will be available to judges in the process of scoring and making selections.
You agree to follow all of Women in Photography’s procedures for promotion that Women in Photography has the exclusive right to revoke your participation if those instructions are not followed.
Women in Photography will send a notification to selected artists with respect to awards.
Usage of Images
Women in Photography has the right to publish the images selected by the jurors on our website and other advertising channels to promote your photographs and future competitions.
Retention of Images
By uploading your photographs, you authorise us to retain the images of such uploaded photographs in our system until the conclusion of the competition. You further authorise us to retain such images following the conclusion of the competition. We are retaining these images in order for Women in Photography to use to promote future photography competitions. Request to remove can be made by emailing email@example.com requesting that we delete such images. We will confirm the receipt of the email and your images will be deleted within 10 business days after the receipt of confirmation.
Changes in Schedule
Women in Photography reserves the right to change competition deadlines and dates due to circumstances beyond reasonable control.
Women in Photography has the right to cancel the competition at any time for any reason and it’s only liability will be to refund the artists their entry fees.
You agree that entry fee is non-refundable.
You agree to indemnify and hold Women in Photography, its owners, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, representatives, and employees harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, relating to any claim made by any third party due to or arising out of your violation of any of the foregoing terms and conditions and/or any breach of your covenants, representations, and warranties set forth above.
Removal From Competition
Women in Photography reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any image uploaded (“entry”) that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the entry is submitted on the Website. You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
- You are the sole owner and author of each Entry.
- You have the right to make your Entry available to the site.
- Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
- Each Entry does not contain any that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity.
- Each Entry does not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service other than that of the Women in Photography, Photography Competition.
- Each Entry does not contain screen credits.
- You agree to fully indemnify the Women in Photography in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing.
- You confirm that each person depicted in the Entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown. Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
- Women in Photography will run an online rating process whereby members of the public are able to vote for a favourite photograph. If there is sufficient evidence (in the Women in Photography’s sole discretion) to suggest malpractice and manipulation of the rating process, then Women in Photography has the right to remove the relevant Entry or Entries.
- Women in Photography recognises that You, the author of the image, retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry.
- All entrants understand that any image submitted to the site may be used by the Women in Photography for marketing and promotional purposes of the site only. You hereby grant the Women in Photography a non-exclusive, irrevocable license in each Entry throughout the world for three years in all media for any use connected to the promotion of the competition site.
- Any photograph used by the Women in Photography in the promotion of the site shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as the Women in Photography, uses reasonable endeavours and its best efforts to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of the notice of such failure.
- You acknowledge that it is Your responsibility for protecting any Entry against image misuse by any third party, for example, but not limited to the insertion of a watermark. The Women in Photography, Photography Competition and its Partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
Changes To These Terms
You agree to indemnify and hold Women in Photography, its owners, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, representatives, and employees harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including Women in Photography reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the competition site and its related services. Due to its policy of updating and improving the site, the Women in Photography may wish to change these Terms. If You use the site or related services after the Women in Photography has published or notified You of the changes, You are agreeing now to be bound by those changes. If You do not agree to be bound by those changes you should not use the site.