Why choose Women in Photography?
Did you know that it is a legal requirement when providing vehicle transport to paying passengers, the driver must hold a Passenger endorsement licence, the vehicle holds a current COF and is licenced for transporting passengers? All Women in Photography events, where transport is provided, we use our specially chosen coach organisations (Greenline Motors and Roadtrips Marlborough) and our regular drivers David and Gary have become part of our Women in Photography “family”.
House of Travel
All retreats and tours are organised through House of Travel and on the longer tours a dedicated House of Travel – Travelling Concierge take care of us throughout.
For the tours and retreats, being organised through House of Travel, your deposit and final payment is paid to a bonded IAATA travel organisation, therefore you can be assured that your deposit and payment is secure.
Not only do we have an extensive first aid kit, if you are injured, Lesley holds a current Level II First Aid Certificate and when accompanied by our Travelling Concierge, they also assist you so you can receive the medical attention you need.
On some of our tours and retreats, we may be taking photos in areas where there is little or no cell phone coverage – we have a satellite phone to be able to communicate for emergencies. Our satellite phone has the tracking function enabled and we receive regular weather updates.
All Women in Photography tours and retreats are fully inclusive of :
- Coach travel ex nearest main city, unless noted otherwise
- Coach, driven by either of our dedicated fully Passenger endorsed licensed drivers over the course of the retreat or tour. Our drivers do not take part in the photographic activity
- Quality and safe share twin accommodation unless you upgrade to own room (where available). All accommodation is vetted by House of Travel to ensure it meets their quality standards
- Cooked breakfast, lunch and two-course dinner with a wine, beer or non-alcoholic beverage. If you have food allergies or dietary requirements, we ensure you receive the same quality meals to suit your dietary requirements. When out driving, morning and afternoon tea may at times be your own cost
- Two photography mentors, one always being multi-awarded winning photographer Lesley Whyte.
It is all this which makes Women in Photography tours and retreats stand apart from the others; just pack your bag and camera gear; be prepared to have an awesome, fun time and meet new #photographybuddies.